Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuna Patties

Bookmark and Share
Chicken of the seaImage by The Hamster Factor via FlickrI like salmon patties, but I hate picking the bones and cartilage from the canned Salmon. Sooooo.........How about Tuna Patties.  No bones to pick and after making this recipe, I found that I like it better than Salmon.

Tuna Patties
1 (16 ounce package) chicken flavored Stove Top Stuffing Mix
1 (10-3/4 ounce can) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (undiluted)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 (9 ounce can) Chicken of the Sea Tuna, drained (or use the large 6 ounce pouch)
2 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup milk
1 can baby peas (optional)

Prepare Stove Top Stuffing Mix as directed on package.  Stir in 1/2 can soup, the eggs, and tuna.  Form into patties.  Heat margarine in fryng pan over medium heat.  Brown patties on both sides and heat through.
Heat remaining soup with the 1/4 cup milk and serve as a sauce. (I like a lot of sauce so I use an extra can of soup diluted with a 1/2 can water.) I like mixing a can of baby peas with the soup for my sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes and a salad for a complete, easy, and inexpensive lunch or dinner.

Enjoy
The Old Guy`

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. A hint....I put the salmon (canned) in the food processor. Then I use it. I also have made tuna patties and I like both salmon and tuna.

    I have never made it with stuffing mix though and that sounds like it would be outstanding. Thanks for posting this and thanks for linking another recipe to Let's Do Brunch.

    http://sweetsav.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete