Christmas Morning Casserole
Another Facebook recipe. Thanks to the original person wh0 created and posted this recipe.
Breakfast casserole in the crock pot! Cooks while you sleep!
1 (26 ounce bag) frozen shredded hash browns
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon ground mustard
1 (16 oz.) roll sausage, maple, sage or regular sausage.
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (16 oz. bag) shredded cheddar cheese
1. Spray crock pot and evenly spread hash browns at the bottom.
2. Crack 12 eggs in a large bowl.
3. Mix well (and slowly) using a whisk.
4. Add the milk.
5. Sprinkle in the ground mustard.
6. Add plenty of salt....
...and lots of fresh pepper. Mix well and set aside.
7. Cook the sausage on high heat, drain and set aside.
8. Add sausage on top of hash browns.
9. Add the cheese
10. Mix it up well.
11. Pour the egg mixture over everything in the crock pot. Using a wood spoon, even everything out.
12. Turn the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Some fun variations of this recipe. Before cooking (during prep) you can add:
chunks of sourdough bread
diced green onions