Cabbage Latkes (Pancakes)
How bad could these be?? Yummmmm
1 small Savoy cabbage
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp salt
oil for frying
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, chop cabbage and discard the core.
2. Add 1 tbsp salt and chopped cabbage to boiling water. Decrease heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes, until tender.
3. Drain cabbage and place in a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash the cabbage.
4. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Add eggs and flour, and mix until evenly incorporated.
5. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Using either a tablespoon or your hands, carefully place latkes in hot oil. Be sure not to crowd the pan.
6. Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 mins per side, flip and repeat. Serve hot.
The Old Guy