|Cooking (Photo credit: omarbercor)|
- 1/3 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until
- blended; gradually add 3/4 cup milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and set
- In another large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in butter
- until tender. Whisk the eggs, garlic salt and remaining milk and
- pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until almost set.
- Press each biscuit onto the bottom and up the sides of eight
- ungreased muffin cups. Spoon the egg mixture, half of the cheese and
- sausage into cups; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan. Serve immediately or allow to cool
- completely. Tightly wrap individual biscuit cups in foil; freeze for
- up to 3 months.
- To use one frozen biscuit cup: Unwrap; microwave on high for 50-60
- seconds or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
The Old Guy