Ham & Chicken Casserole & Boston Cream Angel Cake
Halloween is over, and Thanksgiving will be here before we know it. Here are two easy and quick recipes to get you through this busy time. These recipes come from Facebook.
Ham and Chicken Casserole
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the ham, chicken, peppers, olives, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and onion. Fold in noodles.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
- Prep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- Yield: 8 Servings
Boston Cream Angel Cake
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon cold milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let
- stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Split cake into three
- horizontal layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread
- with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Replace cake top. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat hot fudge topping; stir in
- remaining milk. Drizzle over cake, allowing it to drip down the
- sides. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
The Old Guy