- 1 lb tri-colored pasta (I've used shells or spiral shaped)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup pitted and chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cubed marinated mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- salt and pepper
- Blanch broccoli and asparagus in boiling salted water, and plunge into ice bath to stop cooking.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Toss pasta with chopped vegetables.
- Mix first 5 ingredients of dressing, and slowly whisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss dressing with pasta and vegetables.
- Chill until ready to serve.
The Old Guy